Mr Roberts has written to several local businesses and residents to praise their hard work, dedication, and perseverance
Over the last few weeks local media has been fast to share the stories of local businesses and residents who have received awards. The Delyn MP has written to them also to congratulate them on their wins.
Those written to include:
- Deadwood Smokehouse in Mold for winning Restaurant of the year at The Food Awards 2022.
- Mike Kennedy of FR Kennedy & Sons in Holywell for winning Champion of Champions at a competition organised by the Meat Trad Journal for his amazing pork sausage recipe.
- Black Pie’s of Flint for winning a Gold Award for their Mince and Onion Pie at the British Pie Awards.
- Jessica Roberts, a Year 11 student at Flint High for being one of eight winners chosen by His Royal Highness Prince Charles in the Royal Mail ‘Heroes of the Pandemic’ design competition.
- Shachow Ali, a Year 8 student at Flint High for being another one of the eight winners chosen by His Royal Highness Prince Charles in the Royal Mail ‘Heroes of the Pandemic’ design competition.
Commenting on the awards, Mr Roberts Said:
In times like these where we are recovering from a major worldwide pandemic, have conflict nearby, political unrest, and are dealing with a rise in living costs it is sometimes hard to see the good things that are happening.
Yet it is important to remember good things are still going on. There is still good in the world, and ordinary people are working hard to make something good.
It is an honour to be able to congratulate the hard work and dedication shown by these people. I am so very proud to have so many award winning businesses and young people in my constituency and I will be sure to promote them wherever I can.